Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ups and downs......

What a different kind of weekend this has been. I got up yesterday and was in Chesapeake at 8:30 am. I returned my Kitchen Aid Mixer. It wasn't the model I wanted. I waited 2 hours the day after Thanksgiving for that thing :( I then went to Target to take back some pj pants that my mom gave me. They were the right size but cut for someone that has no hips at all. Well, that ain't me! I got a bigger size. Something else to depress me! I then went to Toys R US to take something back that Ethan got for Christmas and without the receipt they won't do it. Darn! I then went to Va Beach to pick up Mom. We went to Grandma Wells house. Aunt Peggy was there. I hadn't seen her in a couple of years. I was dreading the whole thing but it went really well. I was glad I went. I actually wanted to stay longer but Gerald called and we had to be at Judy and Kevin's house for steaks at 6. Steven was cooking for the ones who helped this year on the farm (??????) anyway.......I wasn't into it. I had a lots of thoughts and emotions running around from Grandma's visit but after 3 Smirnoff Ice and a cup of homeade wine (thanks to Jr. Byrd) I stared relaxing. Aaron fell asleep on the golf cart so we came home. I got up this morning to make Taylor's birthday cake. Gerald wasn't in the greatest of moods. He was trying to go on line to file his unemployment stuff and he couldn't get it to work. I had to stop and try to help. Not that I did any good but anyway.... After the cake was done I tackled the Christmas tree. It is finally done and put away. I can't remember in at least 10 years that I have had the tree up this long. I'm just out of it . I need something to jump start my metabolism and mood. I made chicken casserole for supper and Aaron has had his bath YEH!!! One down and one to go! Ethan is on the treadmill. Apparently there is a girl who is shorter than him and runs faster so he is getting in shape so he can beat her!!! LOL I need to go behind him and run a few myself! YEH right!!! I type this as I eat my casserole. :) Well, tommorrow is back to work and cubscouts so that will keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment